Learn how to review invoices and pay for orders on Provi in Colorado.
ProviPay is only available to select retailers identified by their distributors. If you do not have an "Invoices" option under your account menu, you are not yet eligible for ProviPay. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions, or sign up for our waitlist to be notified when you are eligible.
ProviPay allows bars, restaurants, and other retailers to manage invoices and send trackable electronic payments to distributors all through Provi. This new feature is currently available in select markets and works like this:
- You order your beverage restock, on or off Provi.
- Your distributor delivers your order.
- Your distributor finalizes your invoice to reflect any additional deals, custom pricing, or stock changes. You are notified by email.
- You can submit payment for your order on Provi by ACH (bank transfer), credit card, or debit card.
We also recommend reviewing your account security before setting up your payment method.
Questions? We can help.
Understanding your invoice
- When do invoices appear?
- What do the different invoice statuses mean?
- Why don't I see a Provi order on my invoice?
- Can I dispute my invoice on Provi?
- How do I know who made a payment?
- Why can't I get invoices and payments on Provi for all of my distributors?
- Why is the total price on my finalized invoice less than the estimated order total on my Provi order?
- How do I update my payment method?
- How do I make a payment?
- Is ProviPay free?
- Are credit card fees tax-deductible?
- Can I make a payment for all my retail locations at once?
- How will these payments appear on my bank statement?
- How will I know if my ACH payment failed?
- Can my payment be canceled?
- Why can't I pay by credit card?
Understanding your invoice
Q: When do my invoices appear?
A: Your invoice will appear in your account after your order is delivered and your invoice is finalized. This is typically one business day after your delivery date but could be sooner. You can contact us if you have any questions or concerns about invoices.
Q: What do the different invoice statuses mean?
A: There are five invoice statuses:
- Unpaid: You have not yet paid for this order.
- Overdue: Your payment is past-due for this order.
- Pending: The payment was made in ProviPay and is processing.
- Paid: The payment was submitted and processed, or the payment was made directly with the distributor.
- Failed: The payment was not processed. This could be because your card or bank account details were incorrect. Update your payment method and try again.
Q: Why don’t I see a Provi order on my invoice?
A: Your distributor will send all invoices to Provi, but if your original order wasn't made on Provi, no Provi order information will be available. This can happen if you call or email your distributor sales rep to make your order instead of using Provi.
Q: Can I dispute my invoice on Provi?
A: Contact us if there’s an issue with your invoice.
Q: How do I know who made a payment?
A: In the invoice details, you will see “Paid by” with the email of the user that made the payment.
Q: Why can’t I get invoices and make payments on Provi for all of my distributors?
A: We're constantly working to expand the number of distributors using ProviPay.
Q: Why is the total price on my finalized invoice less than the estimated order total on my Provi order?
A: Provi calculates an estimated price for your order with the best information available, but sometimes your rep may add additional discounts or custom pricing. The finalized invoice reflects all adjustments made by your rep, including any swaps for out-of-stock items.
Q: How do I update my payment method?
A: You can update your payment method in the Settings section of your Provi account.
- In the main menu, select Settings in the drop-down.
- Select Payment Methods from the left-hand menu.
- To remove a payment method, click delete.
- To add a payment method, select Add Payment Method.
- Fill out the payment details and click Save Payment Method.
Updating your payment method is also covered as the third and final step in this two-minute video covering recommended account settings:
Q: How do I make a payment?
A: You can make a payment in the Invoices section of your Provi account.
- In the main menu, select Invoices in the drop-down.
- Click on the unpaid invoice you want to pay.
- Review the invoice details and select Pay Invoice.
- In the pop-up screen, click Submit Payment to finalize the transaction.
Only managers and admins can submit payment. If you do not see the Submit Payment option, ensure you have the correct employee permissions.
Q: Is ProviPay free?
A: Payment made via ACH (bank transfer) is completely free to you. Payment made by credit or debit card has a small convenience fee per transaction.
Q: Are credit card fees tax-deductible?
A: Yes! According to IRS Publication 535 (p. 46), credit card processing fees are tax-deductible when the purchase is made on behalf of your business. That means that not only will you be able to deduct the 3% convenience fee from your taxes as a business expense, but if you use a credit card that offers points rewards, you can earn by using a credit card as well.
Q: Can I make a payment for all of my retail locations at once?
A: You need to log into each individual retail location account to make a payment.
Q: How will these payments appear on my bank statement?
A: The bank statement will show the distributor's name.
Q: How will I know if my ACH payment failed?
A: You will receive an email alerting you that your payment has failed. In addition, your invoice status will show “Failed.”
Q: Can my payment be canceled?
A: Contact us to see if your payment can be canceled.