ProviPay allows distributors to send their retailers invoices and collect payment completely online.
This new feature is currently available in select markets and works a little like this:
- The retailer submits their order.*
- The order is delivered.
- The distributor finalizes the order details, including any additional deals, custom pricing, or stock changes.
- The finalized invoice is sent to the customer.
- The customer can pay via ACH or credit card (where legal) on Provi, which the distributor can track on Provi. In a COD (Cash on Delivery) state, this payment is autopaid.
- Payment is issued to the distributor's bank account.
* Distributors can send all invoices to their retailers on Provi, but orders originally made on Provi will be associated back to the original order details.
Getting Set Up
If your company does not already use ProviPay or you need to add a new bank account to your current configuration, contact us to get started.
Receiving Payments on ProviPay
You can review the payment statuses of your current orders by navigating to the invoice and referring to the Payment Status field.
In a Terms state (CO), there are five available payment statuses:
- Unpaid: The customer has not yet issued payment for the order.
- Overdue: The customer's payment is past due.
- Pending: The payment was made in ProviPay and is processing.
- Paid: The payment was submitted and processed, or the payment was made directly with the distributor.
- Failed: The payment was not processed.
In a COD/Cash on Delivery state (AZ, GA) there are three available payment statuses:
- Scheduled: The invoice has been received and payment will process within 24 hours.
- Paid: The payment was processed successfully.
- Failed: The payment was not processed successfully.
The amount of time a payment is pending depends on the retailer's method of payment:
- Credit card: You can expect to see the payment in 2 business days.
- ACH: You can expect to see the payment in 3-5 business days.
Reporting on Payment Settlements
You can export all settlements in your Provi account:
- Open the Payments section of your account.
- In the upper right corner, select Settlement Report.
- Select a settlement start and end date for your report.
- Click Download CSV to access the report.