Set pars for all of your products by using the inventory tool
Setting your pars for products in lists helps make the ordering process even easier. After adding the information in Provi, you can easily reference your par and current inventory when adding products to your cart.
Set your pars
Set par for your products on any list page
- When logged in, click on the menu icon, then select Lists in the drop-down menu.
- Select the list that includes the products in which you'll be setting pars.
- Double check that the Inventory button on the upper right-hand side of the page is set to the ON position.
- Once inventory is toggled on, navigate to the product in question and input your par in the Par field.
How do I calculate my pars?
- Look at your historical usage
Pick a date range and evaluate how much of a product you sold during that time period. For example, you used 500 bottles of whiskey over the last quarter (12 weeks).
- Determine your average usage
Divide the total bottles used in a period of time over the number of weeks to see how many bottles you will use in a week. For example, if you divide 500 bottles by 12 weeks your weekly usage is 42 bottles.
- Set your Par
Now that we know the weekly usage we can determine the par levels based on your order frequency. If you order weekly, it is recommended to keep 1.5 your weekly usage as par. For example, if your weekly usage is 42 bottles, you would multiply that by 1.5 to get 63 bottles. This is now your Par level and your ordering should be based around it.
- Order for your needs
The goal is to have your par remain constant, however life happens; maybe a deal is too good to pass up, or an event is on the horizon requiring a larger than normal order, in either instance you may order more than your Par. When this happens your Par should remain the same, but your on hand inventory will change. You now will know what products you need to order versus those that you may have in excess.